Senior Project Manager
- Role Type
- Closing Date
As a Senior Project Manager, within the Ricardo Performance Products business unit, you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of New Product Introduction and Consultancy projects. This business unit specialises in delivering niche powertrain products and industrialisation constancy services to many premium brand customers.
This is an exciting opportunity, managing project teams of industry recognised experts, producing world class products for a diverse client base. We require an individual who has the experience and passion to motivate teams and deliver projects specific objectives.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead complex multi-disciplinary projects, managing risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure, whilst ensuring that projects are completed to time, cost, and quality requirements.
You will report to the Head of Programme Management and work closely with other project managers, department heads and technical experts in the team. Responsibilities include the following:
- Overall leadership and coordination of projects, responsible for delivery; on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Control spends against budget and forecast project costs.
- Application of thorough risk and issue management across projects, and management of issues through to conclusion.
- Being the senior customer and stakeholder interface, establishing strong and effective relationships at all levels
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints, based on analysis using appropriate PM tools and analysis of project performance
- Supporting the preparation of customer proposals (scope, timing, costs)
- Supporting development of Ricardo project management capability by coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Actively supporting the Ricardo project management community in identification & development best-practise across the business.
- Depending on the projects worked on, the role will involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Resource and people management experience, in a matrix organisation
- Strong data management skills and a high-level of IT literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including MS Project
- A degree in an engineering discipline and significant project delivery experience in an engineering environment
- A thorough understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of engineering project execution and sales proposals
- Proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- Be familiar with best practice project management methodologies, procedures and tools. Ideally APM qualified (or equivalent)
- A natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement and develop sufficient knowledge of the project processes within our business to be able to propose and implement operational improvements
- Demonstrate Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect, working with others to ensure high standards of behaviour and performance