Senior Assembly Technician (Motorsport)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Summary of Job Function
Assembly of Low volume, high value driveline systems for a variety of customers.
Primarily base at Ricardo’s Midland Technical Centre in Leamington spa this role could involve occasional travel to other Ricardo or customer locations (including overseas) for short-medium periods and sometimes at short notice.
- Minimum GCSE in Mathematics and English (Grade C or above). Likely to have served a traditional apprenticeship.
- Further Vocational qualifications and advantage.
- Experience of motorsport transmission/gearbox assembly strongly preferred. However, experience of assembly of other complex, high precision mechanical systems/components within a motorsport industry may also be considered.
- Precision measurement from first principles using manual measurement equipment.
- Ability to read engineering design and assembly drawings.
- Working as part of a team to achieve team objectives.
- Good communication skills with ability to talk to customers and sensitivity to commercial factors.
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability to understand and solve problems.
- Intermediate level of PC and general computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel.