IT Support Technician
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for technology and service delivery to join the IT team at our Shoreham-by-Sea office as an IT Support Technician. The role is hands-on with IT equipment and involves supporting staff across a wide variety of IT services and systems.
- Support the lifecycle of IT hardware including purchase, preparation, deployment, troubleshooting and disposal.
- Support different types of hardware:
- Desktops, laptops, and high-performance workstations
- Monitors, docking stations, and other peripherals
- Mobile phones, MiFi devices, printers, and projectors
- Network patching.
- Record relevant information in the IT Service Desk system and the Asset Management system.
- Install, troubleshoot, and uninstall software.
- Liaise with 3rd parties for repair and support of hardware and software.
- Support IT projects such as the rollout of new IT systems.
- Respond to information security events / incidents.
- Potential travel to other Ricardo offices within the UK.
The candidate should be able to:
- Manage customer expectations with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Replace and upgrade PC internal components.
- Install Windows Operating systems.
- Install and uninstall software.
- Patch computers into a network.
- Deploy computers and test that everything is working as expected.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Keep administrative tools such as Active Directory and Asset Management systems up to date.
- Take appropriate steps if there is an information security risk
The candidate will be interacting with staff members locally and remotely, along with the wider IT team and IT suppliers. Good organisation and communication are critical to success, along with technical skills. Essential attributes include:
- Conscientious. Meets commitments and keeps to a high standard of service delivery.
- Organised. Able to manage workload priorities and know when to ask for help.
- Good communicator. Able to deal directly with end users, and to keep the wider IT team up to date.
- Good teamwork. Able to work effectively as part of the wider team.
- Interested in technology. Motivated to learn about new IT systems and solutions.
Knowledge / Experience
- The candidate needs to have previous work experience in first or second level IT support.
- They should have a good understanding of IT service delivery along with technical knowledge of core IT components such as PC and laptop hardware, Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office 365.
- Formal qualifications in an IT discipline are preferred.