CNC Grinder -Weeknights
- Role Type
- Contract, Permanent
- Closing Date
We are seeking a CNC Grinder, Setter/Operator, to increase our capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within Ricardo’s High Performance Transmission Products division.
• Programme Set and Operate, Studer CNC Grinder. Manual grinding experience would be advantageous.
• Programming of Fanuc 16T control and Studer Picto programming software.
• Grinding of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
• Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and surface finish.
• Manual grinding as and when required cylindrical, internal/external and surface grinding.
Additional/special features of the role:
• Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
• To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with colleagues.
• Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
• To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
• An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision.
• A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
• Good knowledge of grinding wheel grades, types, and cutting data.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualification:
Be willing to work overtime when required to achieve delivery dates.
The candidate must be able to read and understand programmes also be able to edit programmes and alter speeds and feeds if required to.