- Role Type
- Closing Date
· As an NPI Parts/Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of purchase parts, from concept to series production for the suppliers and projects you are assigned. Working as part of a team on designated projects, traveling in the UK and overseas your key objectives will include:
· Auditing suppliers and contributing to the nomination process
· Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: APQP, PPAP, and surveillance visits leading to launch.
· Creating and managing customer quality requirements that can be cascaded to the supply chain.
· Generating goods receiving inspection documents for pre-production and production phases
· Series process and part approval at product launch
· Working closely with procurement, design, and system engineers to achieve parts that are cost effective, fit for purpose and to the required quality standard
· Proactive & reactive supplier improvement activities, including problem resolution of parts quality issues using 8D and other automotive industry tools
· Contributing to the parts quality implications of product and process changes
· Actively participating in continuous improvement by developing and introducing new quality focussed processes and procedures to Ricardo
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
· Experience of NPI and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above. Preferably gained within the automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
· Experience with various manufacturing processes and components (e.g. casting, machining, moulding, assembly, fabrications) and measurement techniques
· Experience and understanding of geometric design & tolerancing.
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
· The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
· A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients
· Experienced user of Microsoft office
· Tenacity, resilience, and focus
· Flexibility to support regular travel to suppliers/customers domestic & internationally (including EU and USA) and holder of a driving licence.
· Engineering degree or other engineering education qualifications or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of automotive technology and product development
· Auditor trained to ISO 9001 and or IATF 16949
· Knowledge of IATF 16949
· Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing & six sigma
· Demonstrates the highest integrity and ethical values in dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.