SYS-787 - Principal Engineer Battery Systems
- Role Type
- Cambridge, Leamington Spa
- Closing Date
Based at a UK Ricardo Technical Centre, as a Principal Engineer - Battery Systems, you will lead and deliver on-going client technology projects, as an integral member of the Battery Systems team.
You will be primarily responsible for leading technical teams and delivering client projects, which includes
- Providing technical leadership for delivery teams of engineers involved in battery projects
- Interfacing directly with clients on technical issues
- Delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Providing technical support for the design, development and validation of high voltage vehicle battery systems
- Supporting the sales teams through client interaction, proposals and roadmap development
- Promotion of capability throughout Ricardo’s global customer base
You are a degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline and have a sound automotive engineering background.
You will have a number of years of experience of successfully delivering and leading projects in a controls and electronic environment, either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity.
In order to be successful you should demonstrate your consistent track record, knowledge, experience and understanding of:
- Battery system architectures and battery management systems
- Designing high current and automotive high voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, contactors & fusing)
- Electrical component integration (up to 1kV), design & development on production products, particularly HV battery systems and sub systems in a tier 1 or OEM environment
- Cell chemistries used in HEVs
- Product delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation of HEV battery systems
- Compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262 etc
- Delivering DFMEA for HEVs
To be comfortable in this role, your skills should include:
- The drive and dedication to deliver ground breaking and technically challenging projects.
- Strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated approach to your work
- Flexibility on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is highly beneficial:
- Battery management systems for Hybrid vehicle systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Model-based development languages such – Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with laboratory & field development & test equipment
- DCDC converter and battery charger design and development
- DFMEA for Electrical Systems
- Hands on experience of working live with HV systems (>50V)
Ricardo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.